The Smart City Berlin Strategy Advisory Board consists of representatives from science, business and administration. The board accompanies the strategy development of Smart City Berlin.
In September 2020, the Smart City Berlin Strategy Advisory Board was appointed by Michael Müller, Governing Mayor of Berlin. This was the first formal step towards the implementation of the Model Project Smart City Berlin, with which the capital has successfully applied to the Smart City appeal at the Federal Ministry of the Interior, Building and Community. The appointment of the advisory board was also the first important measure to involve the urban society in the future development of digital infrastructure and exemplary pilot projects.
With its heterogenic line-up the advisory board brings valuable perspectives and impulses from the city into the strategy development. The interdisciplinary knowledge and experience of the members support the strategy process in the long term.
Members of the Smart City Strategy Advisory Board
- Dr Anna Becker (CIVITALIS GmbH)
- Geraldine de Bastion (Konnektiv/ re:publica)
- Thomas Bestgen (UTB Projektmanagement GmbH)
- Prof. Dr Sascha Friesike (Universität der Künste Berlin)
- Ulrike Huemer (Magistrate of the Ctiy of Linz)
- Prof. Dipl.-Ing. Melanie Humann (Technische Universität Dresden)
- Jutta Lautenschlager (GOVMEN GmbH)
- Leona Lynen (ZUsammenKUNFT Berlin eG.)
- Walter Palmetshofer (Open Knowledge Foundation)
- Prof. Jochen Rabe (Einstein Center Digital Future)
- Tino Schopf (State Secretary at the Senate Department for Economics, Energy and Public Enterprises)
- Oliver Schruoffenegger (District Councillor for Public Order, Environment, Roads and Green Spaces, Charlottenburg-Wilmersdorf)
- Thomas Stellmach (Thomas Stellmach Planung und Architektur, TSPA)
- Sebastian Stietzel (Chamber of Industry and Commerce Berlin)
- Prof. Dr Olga Willner (Hochschule für Technik und Wirtschaft Berlin)
- Thorsten Wöhlert (State Secretary at the Senate Department for Culture and Europe)
Director: Ralf Kleindiek, CDO and State Secretary for Digitisation and Administrative Modernisation